Thursday, November 1, 2007

Democratic Debate 10/30/07 - Senator Obama Comment

MR. RUSSERT: I want to see -- (laughter) -- I'm going to ask Senator Obama a question in the same line.
The three astronauts of Apollo 11 who went to the moon back in 1969 all said that they believe there is life beyond Earth. Do you agree?

SEN. OBAMA: You know, I don't know, and I don't presume to know. What I know is there is life here on Earth -- (laughter) -- and -- and that we're not attending to life here on Earth. We're not taking care of kids who are alive and, unfortunately, are not getting health care. We're not taking care of senior citizens who are alive and are seeing their heating prices go up. So as president, those are the people I will be attending to first. (Laughter.) There may be some other folks on their way. (Applause, laughs.)

One question that I have for you Senator Obama, "If you are so concerned about the life of our kids, why do you support abortion?"

No comments: